Monday, July 21, 2008

Pictures from July 21st


Glad to see Bob Dylan follows me all the way from Minneapolis to Cape Town. :) This is taped on the wall in my hostel.


The colorful houses of Bo Kaap neighborhood on Chiappini Street - see blog post
below.


A shady courtyard in Bo Kaap.


Dorp Street in Bo Kaap. If you can't tell from the photo, some of the streets are really steep.


One of the many mosques in Bo Kaap.


Signs like this one are rather common around Cape Town. People are wandering around inquiring about job availability, including at construction sites, which is where I took this photo.


Beautiful view of the Atlantic Ocean from the V&A Waterfront in Cape Town.


Tourist-ville on the Waterfront.


Lion's Rump at the end of Victoria Parkway.


This guy was crazy! Wandering around near the market in his crazy get-up, looking for tips. Here he was pretending to be speaking on a telephone that was wired to his headdress.


Markets in Greenmarket Square.


Last night's potjie - it tasted better than it looks here! :)


One of my many new friends at the hostel. :)

3 comments:

Unknown said...

Get someone to tape you and the crazy guy dancing in the street ;)

Anonymous said...

is your new friend from the hostel one you went out to eat with?

Beth said...

Haha. I'm sure I'll see him around again. The market he was out at was a few blocks from my hostel.

Happy (the cat) would love to join me for dinner, I'm sure. But they feed her plenty at the hostel, including human food scraps. :)